The State of Your Marriage
Simply put, if your marriage can use help, Retrouvaille is for you. While there is a focus on helping couples that have entered the Stage of Disillusionment or Stage of Misery, any married couple can benefit greatly from the program. This includes separated and even divorced couples looking for a new beginning.
Some couples come to Retrouvaille during the initial signs of a marriage problem. Some come in for a “tune-up.” Other couples are in a state of despair and hopelessness when they attend the program. ” These latter couples often consider the Retrouvaille program their final option.
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms below, Retrouvaille is very likely for you:
What Kind of People Attend Retrouvaille?
Couples of all ages, all ethnic backgrounds, and all religions come to Retrouvaille. Some have already separated or divorced, but want to try again. Many are struggling to stay together. What all these couples have in common is a sincere desire to build and maintain a stable, loving marriage.
Is This a Religious Program?
While the international Retrouvaille program was Catholic in origin, our focus is purely designed for all couples, regardless of religious beliefs or background. Religious beliefs are never a factor, and couples of all faiths (or no faith) regularly participate in the program. This also applies to our volunteers.
The program is not designed to promote a specific religion. Atheists, agnostics and those of various religions are simply respected for their beliefs and encouraged to attend for the benefit of their marriage.
No attempt is ever made to convert anyone to a religion. Saving a marriage is our focus. The ultimate goal of Retrouvaille is solely to help save marriages.
Who Recommends Retrouvaille?
- Many lawyers and judges send couples to Retrouvaille as a prerequisite to filing for a divorce or rendering final decisions.
- Many marriage counselors send their clients to Retrouvaille as a prerequisite to marriage counseling, or as a part of continuing therapy.
- In some places, participating in the Retrouvaille program is a recommended reconciliation program before filing for divorce.
- Many priests and pastors suggest it for couples in their parishes or congregations when problems are brought to their attention.
- Above all, couples who have been through the program are usually the first to exclaim “You need Retrouvaille” when they hear of family and friends with marriage troubles.
These professionals and couples know that the tools of communication in marriage taught in the program are often what couples need more than anything.